Serving Lafayette, Kokomo, NW Indiana, and surrounding areas
Lafayette Auto Supply, founded by Paul James (1900-1956), first opened its doors in 1928. He began by selling tire repair supplies out of a Ford Model T. As the company grew, it opened its current location at 118 S. 4th Street in 1944. In 1960, Lafayette Auto Supply decided to expand its portfolio into small engine parts and opened Lafayette Warehouse, Inc. Then in 1973, Lafayette Warehouse, Inc. (LWI) moved into its current location at 115 S. 3rd Street. LWI continued to grow its Automotive Division by establishing Kokomo Auto Supply in Kokomo, IN (1999), NWI Auto Supply in Merrillville, IN (2003) and Lafayette Auto Supply Distribution Center (2015).
In December 2021, LWI decided to end our small engine business after 60 years of uninterrupted service to our customers. This decision was tough to make however, the company will be better able to concentrate on our ever-growing OEM and aftermarket auto parts division. It is our goal to continue to best serve our current and future customers by delivering The Right Part, The First Time, When You Need It!